PHOTOCAMP 2018 PRESENTERER
Foredrag: Møt skaperne bak Når jeg faller
Tid: Lørdag 17. november kl. 13:30-14:30
Sted: Interfoto (se kart
Fotograf Ivar Taim og produsent Magnus Kristiansen kommer for å fortelle om Når jeg faller som er en helaftens spillefilm. Den handler om Joachim, en mann i slutten av tyveårene. Han kjemper sin livs kamp mot rusmisbruk, og må plutselig må ta over omsorgen for et lite barn.
Filmen har fått strålende kritikker, og det filmatiske universet og bildene trekkes fram i spesielt positive ordelag. Fotograf Ivar Taim kommer til Photocamp sammen med produsent Magnus Kristiansen. De skal vise klipp og fortelle om hvilke visuelle virkemidler de brukte, blant annet med utstyr levert av Interfoto.
Ivar Taim (cinematographer, Når Jeg Faller) will talk about gimbal technology with examples from his own work, amongst them – the recent feature film Når Jeg Faller. Ivar has worked with electronic gimbals since the technology was young, and will share with the audience his experiences, principles and visions for the technology.
- Short introduction by Magnus Kristiansen, producer for Når Jeg Faller.
- Introduction Ivar Taim, cinematographer Når Jeg Faller – How I arrived to working with gimbals – The quest for the free flowing image
- Gimbal technology inner working principles in 2 minutes
- History of gimbal technology – most notable milestones so far
- For what it is good for and where are the limitations – Some example clips of my own work.
- How to break and push those limitations? Examples.
- The equipment used for Når Jeg Faller. The process and outcome. Clips
- Conclusion – purpose of this talk to urge people to think outside the box and my view on the future of gimbal technology.
Om Ivar Taim
IVAR TAIM, CINEMATOGRAPHER, ESTONIA (b.1988) holds a MFA in Cinematography from The Norwegian Film School and a BA in Film Arts with specialisation in Cinematography from The Baltic Film and Media School in Tallinn. Ivar has worked with electronic gimbal technology since the first Chinese gimbals came to market. He has built his own gimbals and highly customised commercial gimbals to suit the needs of specific production situations to provide a cinematic image on a budget. He has worked as cinematographer, gimbal operator and camera operator on numerous feature films and commercials in Estonia and internationally. As I Fall (Når Jeg Faller) (2018) is Ivars second feature film as DOP. Ivar is currently working as a freelance Cinematographer in fiction and commercial productions.
Om Magnus Kristiansen
MAGNUS KRISTIANSEN, PRODUCER, NORWAY (b.1985) holds a MFA at The Norwegian Film School as Producer, an MSC in Innovation and Entrepreneurship at BI Norwegian School of Management/UC Berkeley and a BA in Film and Television Science at Lillehammer University College. Kristiansen has previously worked with media and tech-startups in Silicon Valley for 6 + years. As I Fall (Når Jeg Faller) (2018) and The Comet (Kometen) (2017) are his first feature films as producer. Kristiansen currently works as an independent film producer and commercial content creator for his own production company.